Future Fashion Factory will fund and support a variety of industry-led collaborative R&D projects, bringing together industry and academic partners to respond to existing business needs.
This strand of the Programme aims to support innovative, industry-focused projects in the high value fashion and textile industries that fit with any of our five core research themes:
- Late-stage customisation
- Sustainability and circular economies
- Aesthetic communication
- Data-driven design
- Education and skills
Grant funding is available to award to eligible businesses / collaborations of businesses for projects ranging from <£10,000 up to £100,000:
- Industrial Challenge Projects (ICP): awards of up to £100,000 to enable individual or groups of cluster partners to rapidly implement new design practices in a commercial setting
- Proof of Concept (PoC): awards of up to £50,000 to turn proven science into tested and validated technology with a clear application in the fashion and textile industry
- Proof of Market (PoM): awards up to £10,000 usually scoping projects to identify existing gaps in the market.
A good project should have:
- Collaboration – we welcome multi-partner projects
- Clear industry benefits and potential for commercial impact
- At least one industry partner based in the Yorkshire and the Humber region
- In-kind or cash match contributions from an industrial partner
- Involvement from at least one academic at one of the Future Fashion Factory universities (University of Leeds, University of Huddersfield, or Royal College of Art)
You will need to become a Future Fashion Factory member before your Expression of Interest can be considered.